Danby Designer 0.7 cu. ft. Space Saving Under the Cupboard Microwave – DDMW007501G1
SKU: DDMW007501G1 Category: Microwaves
- Flexible Space Saving 2 in 1 microwave: countertop or under the cabinet installation
- Under the cabinet hanging kit included.
- 0.7 cu ft. capacity and 700 Watts
- 10 power levels.
- 6 Convenient Auto Cook Options
- Auto Defrost Options: Defrost by Speed (time) or Weight
- Cook by Weight
- Child/Control lock
- Sound On/Off: Conveniently turn the sound on or off
Danby Designer 0.7 cu. ft. Space Saving Under the Cupboard Microwave quantity
Anyway You Want It
Put this microwave where it works for you. Tight on counter space, it fits perfectly under your cabinets. Space isn’t a problem, leave it on your countertop. The choice is yours.
Quick Cook Settings Help You Save Time
What’re you cooking, let us take the guess work out of it. With our preset buttons you can warm up a drink, make some popcorn….even do a baked potato. Just hit the quick cook button and this microwave will do the rest.
No childs play
Should you choose to keep this unit on the countertop….activate the button lock so that kids can’t turn the unit on with one of the one touch features.
Short on counter space? Meet Danby’s ultimate space-saving 0.7 cu. ft. under the cupboard stainless-steel microwave. This microwave can be placed on the countertop or anywhere under a cabinet, high or low. Enjoy cleaner counter space, improved functionality, and a more modern aesthetic in your apartment, condo, or RV. With 700 Watts of cooking power, this model comes with 6 convenient auto cook options: baked potato, popcorn, pizza, beverage, frozen dinner, and reheat. The one-touch auto defrost option simplifies your cooking needs, and the express cook buttons provide 1-6 minutes of cooking time. The child/control lock-out option guarantees a safe environment for your child! Silence the cooking alert beep with the sound on/off function.
24. 7 lbs
18 months parts and labor coverage with in-home service. Installation and/or Yearly Maintenance (cleaning) are not covered under warranty.
Q. 1) What are the standard Wattage and amps used?
Information pertaining to watts and camps can be found on the rating plated located on the side of the unit.
Q. 2) Can I put an extension on the power cord?
We do not recommend using an extension cord.
Q. 3) My control panel is bubbling is there something wrong with it?
There is a protective layer of plastic that protects your control panel during transportation. This should be removed during installation.
Q. 4) There is a piece of cardboard in my microwave does it belong there?
Yes, this sheet covers the magnetron. Please do not remove it.
5 Simple Steps to Mount a Microwave Under a Cabinet
Have you recently bought a microwave that you want to install under the cabinet? Do not worry; we have got you covered!
When it comes to the kitchen, everyone wants to maximize space and try to keep it as tidy as possible, and mounting a microwave under the cabinet is an excellent way of achieving that.
Especially if you have a smaller kitchen and lack counter space for a microwave, mounting it underneath a cabinet will allow you to have and use it without ‘overcrowding’ your kitchen and also make it within reach of your hand.
What Tools Do I Need to Mount a Microwave Under a Cabinet?
Here is the list of the tools you need to install a microwave oven beside the microwave!
- Microwave mounting kit
- Powered drill
- Stud finder
- Mounting brackets
- Tape measure
Step-by-Step Guide: How To Mount A Microwave Under a Cabinet
Before starting your ‘mounting a microwave under a cabinet project, check out the back of your microwave because some microwaves have an area (usually 1-2 inches) that sticks out through the back, so make sure to take that into consideration when measuring.
Step 1: Choose the Location for Your Microwave
The first step is to find where to install your microwave oven, which includes measuring the cabinet and the microwave. It would be best if you were sure that it fits before your drill any holes.
The good thing is that microwaves come in many sizes, so you can choose the one which perfectly fits your cabinet. The standard microwave dimensions are around 24” to 30″ wide, 17″ high, and 15″ to 18″ deep.
The standard interior capacity of microwaves ranges from 1.0 to 2.2 cubic feet, and the most commonly used are between 1.2 to 1.6 cubic feet.
Also, check your microwave for the mounting holes, which you can mount from the inside down, through the cabinet, and into the top of the microwave itself.
It is also implied that you have a grounded power outlet nearby, and while deciding the location for your microwave, consider how the cord will reach the outlet.
So, you will probably need to drill a bigger hole for the cord at the bottom of the cabinet if you do not want it hanging or sticking out.
Step 2: Use the Template and Find the Studs
So after you have chosen the right size of a microwave and the ideal place for it, you will need a template at the bottom side of the cupboard above the unit.
Templates are highly useful when mounting a microwave under a cabinet or on a shelf because they can help you mark the holes. Most microwaves come with plenty of templates for different models, depending on what you have, and they include a wall template.
If you are not sure which template to use, measure your microwave and find a template of the same size. The right template has already marked places for holes that line up with the mounting holes at the top of your microwave.
Put the template inside the cabinet and lay it out the according to how you will install the over-the-range microwave underneath the bottom. It is vital that you place the template at the center of the cabinet so it is even on both sides.
Step 3: Measure and Drill
In order to avoid making unnecessary holes in your cabinet, measure the distance from the center bolt to the back of the cabinet so you know where exactly to mount it. Then, following the template instructions, you will drill the holes in places circled on the template.
We advise you to take a quarter-inch drill, but employing a smaller one will also be helpful if you have it. Sometimes when you try to drill with the quarter-inch drill, it tends to walk around, leaving a mess, so you can use the smaller drill to drill a small pilot hole.
After the pilot holes, you can drill through with your powered drill and remove the template.
Step 4: Lay the Mounting Brackets
After you finish drilling, place the mounting bracket on both sides and drill using your screws on both sides, which will go through into the cabinet down below.
Down underneath the bottom of the cabinet is where the bolts will stick out – you will attach them to the microwave holes on top of it.
Another option for mounting a microwave is to attach it to the wall underneath the cabinet for extra stability and support using a more extended mounting bracket. First, you will need to use the stud finder to find the studs in the wall, which you will later drill.
Use a pen or marker to mark the places for studs. Then, you will attach a piece of plie wood to the wall and place it, using 4-inch screws, and then attach the bracket underneath the wood.
After carefully measuring and checking out your holes for studs, put the screws into the bracket to secure its hold.
Step 5: Put The Microwave In Place and Secure It
After putting the microwave in place, cord the four screws into the mounting brackets using a screwer; it is crucial that you attach all four of the screws before you start tightening anything. Why?
If you end up with a loose screw, it will be harder to fix it if all screws have already been tightened up. So then, in a circular motion, slowly turn it up, tightening each screw a bit more, a couple of turns on each one.
Basically, you will continue screwing the screws until the microwave touches up those brackets you put at the top of the cabinet.
A reminder, if you have forgotten, think about the plug and the outlet because if you are plugging the microwave’s power cord behind the microwave, it is crucial that, at this point, you have done. You would likely have to take it down and start again if you did not.
- All microwaves, including countertop microwaves, have a built-in recirculating venting system. Generally, microwave ovens do not need to vent outdoors.
- However, when installing it under a cabinet, you need to consider possible vents for carrying the odors, moisture, and grease from the usual cooking.
- Regarding maintenance, it is vital that you clean the oven after every use, if possible. The smells and odors from the food being heated can permeate the microwave and are very hard to eliminate.
- Here is some good advice for cleaning your microwave: take a ceramic pot, add water with a few slices of lemon or vinegar, and place it in the microwave for a minute or two on high heat. Then use a paper towel to clean the caked-on food gunk inside the microwave.
- If mounting a microwave under the cabinet sounds like too much of a hassle, you can place it inside the cabinet, given there is enough space. Although with this option, you will not be able to use that cabinet for dishes, snacks, and utensils.
- Over-the-microwaves are easier to clean than regular countertop microwaves because you do not have to clean underneath them.
- If you are wondering whether your microwave can be installed underneath the cabinet, the good news is that almost every microwave can be mounted. Still, it is vital that your microwave is adequately ventilated. Therefore you will have to ensure enough airflow around your microwave.
- In addition, consider that ventilation placement in countertop microwaves can be different than those of built-in microwaves. Some have the vents placed on the sides, or the top, while over-the-rang microwaves usually have the vents at the back.
- We suggest you get a surge protector to avoid having your microwave’s circuit board wrecked. You never know when the next storm or accident, such as a fire, might happen, so it is better to be prepared.
Installing a microwave oven is an excellent idea if you are looking for convenience and style. Even though the regular countertop microwave is a decent choice, an over-the-range microwave will give your kitchen a modern look and possibly increase its value.
Furthermore, it is highly convenient because you will have empty counter space for some other appliances and kitchen utensils. This project is not that hard if you have the right tools, the right attitude, and a little bit of patience.
Not only that you will have an over-the-range microwave, but you will also have the rare possibility to take the credit and praise for the installation. However, you can always call a contractor if you do not feel confident enough.
Also, if you make a mistake in the mid-process that you cannot fix, that is your clue to call a professional.
Have you ever tried to mount a microwave yourself? Please, share your experience with us! Finally, if you have any questions or comments, feel free to share them with us!
Microwave | Microwave dimensions
The microwave oven has long been an indispensable household appliance in almost any kitchen. A microwave oven can become a real functional assistant at home, in the office or in the country. The microwave is used for various purposes: for cooking chicken, meat, vegetables and even baking, for heating ready-made meals, for defrosting food stored in the freezer. The choice of different models is very wide, and the purchase of such a device is not an easy task, which should be approached responsibly.
A large number of household appliances are installed in the kitchen: a refrigerator, a gas stove with an oven or an electric hob with an oven, a toaster, a double boiler, and sometimes a washing machine. And that is why you should think about the proper placement of all devices so that they find their places and at the same time do not take up all the free usable space. It is very important to choose models of devices that not only organically fit into the interior, but are also suitable in size for the area of a particular room in an apartment, private / country house or office space.
Among the huge variety of modern models of microwave ovens, there are options for various sizes. If you want to buy a microwave and have not yet made a final decision, then start your search for such household kitchen appliances right now. And from this article you will get answers to exciting questions and find out what microwave ovens are, how they differ in size, what parameters you should pay special attention to, and also how to make the right choice.
General rules for choosing microwaves: what are microwave ovens
To begin with, it is worth finding out what kind of microwave ovens exist and are presented in stores. Consider all methods of classification and separate types for each type of separation.
According to the functions of household kitchen appliances
According to this principle, microwave ovens are divided into two broad categories. The first type is solo devices. They are inexpensive and more budgetary, and the design is based only on a microwave emitter that produces microwaves. With the help of microwaves in a solo microwave, you can heat up dishes with high quality, and you can also easily defrost the product. It is possible to cook simple meals, especially if there are several programs that differ in power, measured in watts (W). And yet the possibilities of solo microwave ovens are limited.
But multifunctional microwaves are equipped with additional built-in equipment and have several modes of operation of the device. In addition to standard defrosting, reheating food and simple cooking, there is also the possibility of grilling dishes with a delicious crust, steaming, convection with a mechanism for active circulation of heated air through the chamber. Thanks to this impressive functionality and the presence of a variety of operating modes, built-in recipes and programs, you can perform various tasks. Really reheat, defrost and cook almost anything.
How to install the device
Microwaves can be freestanding, stationary built-in, portable portable and even automotive.
The freestanding standard microwave oven can be mounted on a table, countertop, wall shelf, on the wall with brackets, on a base cabinet, cabinet or other piece of furniture.
A built-in microwave oven, unlike a stand-alone one, is built either in a kitchen set (for example, in a special cabinet), or between other elements of the kitchen interior (furniture, appliances), or directly into a wall in a niche organized in it.
A portable microwave oven is usually the most compact and has a small internal volume, so it can be easily transferred to different rooms, taken with you to the country house. There are also office models that connect to the USB ports of computers.
Car microwave oven can be installed directly in a private car, it is designed for long trips or travel. An important difference between such a portable device and compact solo models is that a battery can be used as a source of electricity (output voltage and power are regulated by a special transformer included in the design).
It determines the number of servings of food that the device can cook, reheat or defrost at one time.
According to this parameter, all microwave oven models are classified into three types:
- compact small up to 17-20 liters;
- standard (medium) with volume from 20 liters to 40;
- large-sized, which have a volume of more than 40 liters (it can reach 50-51 liters).
A small microwave oven has a small chamber that will be enough for one person. The standard model is suitable for a married couple. But for a large family with children, it is better to choose a device with a large and roomy chamber, which is designed for cooking, defrosting or heating impressive amounts of food.
According to the features of the device and the principle of operation of the equipment
All microwaves that exist today are divided into two types: conventional (classic) and inverter. The first in the device have a magnetron that generates electromagnetic radiation.
Inverter models of microwave ovens have an additional inverter that ensures even cooking and helps preserve the goodness of food. Most modern devices with inverters have a good set of options and wider functionality. There are also options with several levels, supplemented by guides.
If we take the dimensions of the microwave oven as the basis for the classification, then we can distinguish three types of such devices:
- Standard microwave ovens are medium in size, suitable for almost any typical apartment.
- Small microwave ovens, also referred to as compact, take up little space, making them ideal for small spaces. But models of this type differ in insignificant internal volume.
- Full-sized microwave ovens are the largest and most dimensional, so they are preferred by owners of spacious homes.
Sometimes non-standard models of kitchen appliances are distinguished as a separate type: such devices have dimensions that differ from the usual ones in depth, height or width.
The higher the power, the more efficient the kitchen appliances. According to this parameter, microwave ovens are divided into low-power, standard and maximum power. For standard use at home, models with medium power are suitable.
Almost all microwave ovens can change the power parameters: for example, if you need to quickly heat up food (a sandwich or any dish), you can set the maximum. And for gentle and uniform heating, it is better to choose a small or medium power.
Solo microwave ovens have little functionality. Multifunctional equipment will be able to provide a lot of tasks. Combined models with a grill can cook complex dishes, almost like in an oven. But the possibility of simple heating is also there.
By control type
It can be of several types: mechanical, electronic or combined. It depends on how convenient it will be to use the product.
What affects the size of the microwave
What determines the size of microwaves and how much space they take up? Dimensions are affected by:
- Class (installation type) of microwave oven: free-standing, built-in or portable. It is clear that the latter takes up much less space. And built-in models are smaller in size than stationary stand-alone ones (and often more portable), but they are more spacious due to the reduction in the dimensions of the case.
- Functionality. The fewer functions in the microwave oven, the smaller it is in size. The fact is that the additional functions that the equipment is equipped with are associated with the introduction of certain equipment into the design, for example, fans for convection or a grill heater. And it increases the size.
- Capacity, i.e. the internal volume of the hull chamber, measured in liters. If you have to choose a microwave for a large family, it will certainly be large. But the model for one user may well be compact and small, since there is no need to cook a lot of food at once or in a short time.
- Brand. So, the standard dimensions of the Samsung microwave oven may be larger or, conversely, smaller than the dimensions of the Burning model of the same category.
- Design features. If the microwave is equipped with legs, then it will be higher than the model without legs. The greater the thickness of the side and rear walls, the larger the microwave oven in depth, height and width.
Good to know! Power practically does not affect the dimensions, but the speed and quality with which the microwave oven for the kitchen will work depends on this indicator. Also, the dimensions do not depend on the type of control.
Possible sizes of microwave ovens: basic parameters of kitchen appliances
What parameters should be evaluated when studying the dimensions of microwaves? There are three in total:
- Height – the distance from the bottom of the case to the top.
- Width is the length of the segment connecting the side walls of the housing.
- Depth – the distance from the front of the housing to its rear wall.
It is these parameters that should be taken into account when choosing a microwave oven in order to determine the optimal dimensions of both a built-in microwave and a stand-alone one. All measurements are in centimeters.
Consider the average parameters in the table, taking into account the volume and types of microwaves:
Compact microwave ovens solo
Standard microwave ovens (including grill, convection option)
Full size large models (including convection, grill)
Height in cm
Depth in cm
26 to 40
26 to 50
30 to 60
Width in cm
39 to 50
39 to 50
45 to 60
Volume in liters
13 to 20
15 to 20
20 to 45
Below are size overviews of compact, standard and full size microwaves.
Standard microwave ovens
The dimensions of the microwave oven are as follows:
- The width of a standard microwave oven is between 45 centimeters and 50.
- The height of the microwave oven is 30 centimeters as standard.
- Depth ranges from 35-45 cm.
Such sizes are combined with volumes from 15 liters to 30: this is quite enough for an ordinary family.
If compactness is in the first place for you, then pay attention to the smallest small microwaves. Their dimensions are usually as follows:
- The width of small microwave ovens will be no more than 45 cm. Narrower versions are also available – 40 cm. But it is not easy to place standard and especially large dishes with dishes or defrosted products in them.
- The minimum height of the microwave oven is 28.5-30 centimeters.
- The depth of the compact microwave does not exceed 40 centimeters. The minimum is 30-35 cm.
The compact microwave will fit in even the smallest kitchen. But its main drawback is the minimum size of the camera. The smaller the parameters of the case, the smaller the internal space, the less products will fit inside.
Full size instruments
Dimensions of full-size models of furnaces can be as follows:
- Depth starts from 40-45 cm and reaches a maximum of 55 cm.
- The width of the large microwave oven ranges from 52 cm to 60 cm.
- Height is usually standard: dimensions increase due to width and depth. But some height options reach 60 cm. They can be multi-level and as spacious as possible.
Large dimensions are almost always impressive capacity. But a large microwave will not fit into any kitchen. But it will certainly have many functions, including convection and grill, quick heating.
Consider the dimensions of built-in microwave ovens. The dimensions of the built-in microwaves can match the width, height and depth of the standard ones. Here, the capacity is increased not by increasing the dimensions, but by improving the design. The oven’s feature set is often impressive.
The height of the built-in oven is usually 45 cm. The models differ in depth: it can range from 30-40 centimeters to 55-60. The width is from the minimum 45 to the maximum 60 cm. When determining the dimensions of the built-in oven, you need to evaluate the installation possibilities with your own hands. Where exactly do you plan to install the unit: in a closet, in a niche, next to other appliances or pieces of furniture? Before installing the built-in oven, you need to determine the installation area and find out its exact dimensions.
Important! The instruction manual for the built-in microwave oven contains more than just dimensions. There are clear tips for installation, for example, what distances should be left from the case to surrounding objects. And this affects the dimensions of the installation area.
Microwaves of non-standard sizes are less common on sale, since their installation in typical kitchens is somewhat complicated due to dimensions that differ from ordinary and common ones.
Dimensions of non-standard models can be both minimum and maximum, but do not exceed the dimensions indicated in the previous chapters. So, narrow devices have a minimum width, but at the same time they are higher. There are also super wide models and very deep ones. But before choosing a non-standard option, try to imagine and foresee whether it will fit into your kitchen, whether it will have a comfortable and ergonomic interior space.
Drawing conclusions: how to choose the right size for a microwave oven
What must be taken into account when choosing the optimal dimensions of a microwave oven:
- Mounting method. For a built-in oven, carefully measure the place where the appliance will be mounted. For a stand-alone device, you should also select the installation area in advance and measure it.
- Amounts of food to be heated or cooked thoroughly and evenly.
- Required oven functions and capabilities. Do you need a grill and convection, fast heating, automatic programs and ready-made recipes memorized.
- Installation area: the dimensions of the built-in cabinet, the evenness of the countertop or pedestal, the space in the front for the door to open freely, the need to leave a space of at least 10 cm from the wall to the device, and the proximity of the socket.
Other selection criteria
The size of the microwave oven is an important criterion for choosing such a kitchen appliance. But if you are planning to purchase a microwave oven, then you also need to consider the following important points:
- Main features. Such information is indicated by the manufacturer of a particular model of microwave in the instruction manual for the unit. The main indicator is power, which depends on the size, performance and functions of the device. So, mini-microwaves have a minimum power – from 500 watts. And large-sized powerful models of devices have a power value of up to 1400-1500 watts. The average standard is 700-1000 watts. It is important to remember that high power equipment consumes more electrical energy and increases the load on the power grid.
- The presence or absence of a turntable, as well as its diameter. The most popular, common and frequently encountered models are with turntables. But more advanced and modern variations of devices are devoid of such an element, but they are equipped with a rotating magnetron. They are more expensive, but their range of functions is more diverse. In addition, large dishes or even several small plates can be placed in the chamber at the same time.
- Microwave interior lining. The walls inside are covered with materials that do not require complex maintenance and are resistant to water, food debris and other other contaminants. These are enamel, ceramics (or the so-called bioceramics), stainless steel.
- Basic operating modes of the device. They depend on the areas of application of technology. Grill (quartz or standard heating element), convection system, programs for different foods, the possibility of automatic heating or cooking according to the recipes entered in the memory are possible.
- Additional options of the microwave oven and its possibilities. This can be automatic door opening, indication and sound alarm, child lock function, odor removal after strong and very pungent smelling products.
- Complete set. The basic set sometimes includes a skewer, coasters for baby bottles, grills, regular food dishes, a container for bread, and dishes for steam dishes.
- Design, that is, external execution. The standard body shape is rectangular, the corners can be rounded. Colors are different: white, metallic, black, gray, beige. There are also unusual ones, for example, red, blue, yellow. The facade can look interesting and original, have decorative inserts or a frame (usually for built-in models).
- Control type. Ultra-modern models with electronic control are popular: either with touch switches or with buttons. Sometimes kitchen electronics are complemented by a display. But there are still more primitive devices with mechanical rotary levers on sale. In some technology with electronic control, modes and functions are set automatically.
- How the door opens. It can swing open from left to right or vice versa, or fold down. Usually the door is equipped with a handle for convenience.
- Producer. It is worth making a choice in favor of proven and well-known brands such as Kaiser, Neff, Gorenje, Smeg, Asko. The production models of these global companies are more reliable, have wide functionality, fail less often and do not require major repairs with the replacement of major parts.
- Weight. Difficulties in carrying or transporting kitchen appliances depend on how much the unit weighs. So, if a person often moves, then it will be convenient for him to transport a lighter microwave.
- Price. Most often, large-sized kitchen appliances are more expensive than compact ones. If the device has a large set of functions and additional options, its cost will be higher.
Manufacturers of microwave ovens offer a large selection of different models, there are many options. To decide and make the right decision, you must first of all find the place where you want to install or install the device. Measure it well and, according to the parameters obtained, select microwave equipment for the kitchen. But also when choosing, take into account other factors, for example, the purpose of the purchase and features of operation, the number of family members, your own preferences and the interior of the room.
Built-in standard microwave dimensions – Samsung with a plate
It is hard to imagine the kitchen of a modern housewife without a microwave. With this appliance, you can prepare main dishes, side dishes and desserts, reheat cold food or defrost, for example, chicken. To make this device convenient to use, it is important to determine its size. Which microwave is better: large or small?
Why you need information about the dimensions
You will need information about the dimensions of the oven when you need to make repairs in the kitchen. Of particular importance are the dimensions of the built-in microwave. If the room cannot boast of a large area, it will not be easy to place a device in it, designed for a family of 5-6 people.
In most cases, a separate shelf or a closed cabinet (niche) is allocated for a microwave oven. This is where size plays the most important role. If you make a mistake of at least a couple of centimeters, the device simply will not fit.
When choosing a microwave oven, it is worth remembering that the dimensions of the working chamber in which the plate is located and the oven itself are closely related. The larger the first indicator, the more space you need to allocate for the device itself.
An important role is played by how many people will have to cook. Depending on this parameter, microwave ovens are divided into 3 types:
Small microwave oven. The internal volume ranges from 8.5 to 15 liters. Suitable for 1-2 people.
Standard. Designed for 3-5 people. The volume of the working chamber is 15-30 liters.
Large. Such an oven allows you to cook immediately for 6-7 people. Its volume from the inside is 30-42 liters.
The larger the internal volume, the larger the plate on which the food is placed. The most popular are devices for 4 people (25 l). They are the so-called standard. There are several examples of such ovens.
The dimensions of the Samsung ME81KRW-2/BW microwave can be considered standard. It has a volume of 23 liters and is designed to prepare meals for about 3-4 people. Device dimensions – 489x275x360 mm (width, height and depth, respectively).
Another Samsung GE733KR-X model. It differs from the previous one in depth (320 mm). Meal plate diameter 25.5 cm.
Whirlpool MWD 120 BL. The volume of such an oven is 20 liters.
Small microwave ovens should be placed in a separate group. Usually their dimensions do not exceed 29 cm wide, 46 cm long and 32 cm deep. The devices are endowed with the same functions as the standard models. They can be built-in, freestanding and even portable. A great example is the Samsung FW 77 SR-W.
Particular attention should be paid to built-in devices. The following dimensions of the built-in microwave are considered standard:
width from 45 to 60 cm,
depth from 30 to 60 cm,
height from 30 to 45 cm. But there are models with larger or smaller dimensions. They are installed in special cabinets or niches.
There are a few tips to keep in mind when choosing the right size for your microwave oven.
Determine how much food will be cooked or reheated. If you only plan to heat food, you can purchase a device with standard sizes. If the oven is needed for baking, for example, chicken or goose, it is better to take a larger model. These parameters must be taken into account regardless of whether it is a built-in microwave or freestanding.
Particular attention should be paid to devices with the “Grill” function. The vertical grill takes up a lot of space, so the internal volume may be small.
The size of the microwave oven also depends on the size of the kitchen. For a small room, built-in models installed in a closet or niche are suitable. They will help save usable space and make cooking more comfortable.
An important parameter is the size of the turntable. It is determined by what exactly the hostess will put in the oven. If it will be just a dish with food, it is enough to choose a model from the standard group (the diameter of the plate is about 25 cm).