Quick Guide – Automate Your Life
Summary: To factory reset the Insignia TV, navigate to Settings and select Factory Reset and press Okay. A code should display on your TV screen to confirm the reset. Wait for the TV to reboot.
Factory resetting the Insignia TV is usually the last resort when troubleshooting. You can always do away with factory resetting unless the problem is pretty serious.
In this article, I’ll explain how to factory reset the Insignia TV the right way. And yes, you’ll lose all your data and preferred settings but you can have them manually restored after the reset took place.
Let’s find out!
Insignia TV Troubleshooting – How to Factory Reset
One way to troubleshoot the Insignia TV is to perform the factory reset method. As a fair warning, you’ll lose your data and other preferred settings if you go down this road.
Here are the steps to factory resetting the Insignia TV:
- Turn on the TV.
- Press the Home button on the remote.
- Go to Settings > Device & Software > Reset to Factory Defaults.
- Wait for the TV to reset.
How do you factory reset an Insignia TV without a remote?
To factory reset an Insignia TV without a remote, follow these steps:
- Unplug the TV from the power source.
- Press and hold the power button on the TV while plugging in the TV to power.
- Keep pressing the power button until the screen come on.
- Choose Wipe Data/Factory Reset when it appears on the screen. Press and hold the power button to activate the factory reset.
- Wait for the factory reset to finish.
How do I reset my Insignia TV when the screen is black?
Here’s how to reset the Insignia TV when the screen is black:
- Unplug the TV from the power outlet.
- Leave the TV unplugged for at least 60 seconds.
- Press the power button on the TV for 30 seconds.
- Plug the TV back into the power source.
If resetting the Insignia TV does not work, it should be a problem with the TV hardware. It’s probably best to take your TV to a qualified technician to get it diagnosed properly.
Check this article on how to troubleshoot an Insignia TV with black screen.
Is there a reset button on the Insignia TV?
No, Insignia TVs do not come with a reset button.
If you want to reset the Insignia TV, you’ll have to access the Settings on the TV or use the power button. In addition, you’ll need an access to Service Mode to reset the TV using a remote.How to Reset Insignia TV
Why is my TV not turning on but the red light is on?
If you see the red light on a TV that’s not turning, it could mean there is a problem with the cable connection.
A faulty or damaged connection prevents the TV from turning on. The only fix is to replace the damaged cords with new ones and ensure they’re attached firmly to the right port.
Moreover, make sure the TV’s power cord is attached to a secured electrical outlet.
Find out how to fix and Insignia TV that’s blinking red light in this article.
Why is my Insignia TV not turning on?
The Insignia TV may not turn on due to power supply problems and a software or hardware issue.
Make sure the TV is plugged into the right voltage and the power system in your house is enough to power the TV. It’s worth getting a qualified electrician to check the power setup in your home.
In addition, you can try unplugging and plugging the TV to reset the system. If this doesn’t work, calling customer support is a wise idea.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where are Insignia TVs made?
Insignia TVs are mostly made in China. Some are also manufactured in Vietnam. Still, there is no specific location where the Insignia TVs are made.
Who makes Insignia TVs?
Insignia TVs are made by various manufacturers. The components of the TV are sourced from LG, Toshiba, TCL, and Samsung that are assembled by manufacturing contractors in China or Vietnam.
Does Insignia make a good TV?
Yes, Insignia make good and reliable TV. Insignia TVs can last up to seven years on heavy usage. However, the lifespan of this TV depends on maintenance and proper care. Some Insignia TVs could last up to ten years.
Factory resetting is a drastic step that you might need to take when you encounter problems with the Insignia TV. Frankly, I do not recommend such a method unless needed.
To factory reset the Insignia TV, all you have to do is access the TV Settings and navigate to Factory Reset. Wait for the resetting to finish. If you need further help in factory resetting the TV, call Insignia TV Support.
For more Insignia TV troubleshooting, check out this article!
- Which Soundbars Are Compatible With Hisense TV? (Find Out!)
- Ring Thermostat (All Facts)
- How Long Will It Take to Charge a Ring Battery? (Found!)
- What Is the Procedure for Resetting My ADT Sensor? (Answered!)
Don’t hate – Automate
How to Reset Insignia TV? (With & without Remote!)
If you are experiencing issues with your Insignia TV, you should try factory resetting it.
Resetting any model of Insignia TV is pretty straightforward and only takes a few minutes.
How to Reset Insignia TV?
To reset your Insignia TV to its factory settings, press the Home button on your remote then go to Settings > Device & Software > Reset to Factory Defaults. Your TV will turn off and on again and then display the initial setup screen.
This will essentially restore your Insignia TV to the settings it had on the day you purchased the television. That means all account settings will be removed, and any installed apps will be deleted!
There are really two ways to perform a factory reset – with, and without a remote…
Factory reset with a remote
As we just described,
- Press the Home button on your remote controller
- Select Settings
- Next, go to Device & Software
- Then Reset to Factory Defaults
Now all you need to do is to wait for your TV to finish the factory reset.
Remember that this will erase all your settings. So it should really be a last resort.
without a remote
If for whatever reason you do not have access to your TV’s remote, you can still factory reset your Insignia TV using the buttons on the TV itself. Here’s how:
- Unplug the TV
- Press and hold the power button on the TV and plug the TV back in
- Once the TV is on, stop holding the power button
- Wait until you see the control menu
- Press the power button on your TV twice and select “wipe data/factory reset”
- Press the power button and hold it until the line is green
- On the confirmation screen, press the power button once to select “Yes”
- Press the power button and hold it until the line is green
- Wait until you see “Data wipe complete”
- Now make sure the “reboot system now” option is selected
- Press the power button and hold it until the line is green
This should return your TV to the factory settings.
Watch this video on YouTube
Where is the reset button on my Insignia TV?
There is no reset button on the Insignia TV.
The only button that can serve a similar purpose that you can find on Insignia TV is the power button.
The power button is usually located on the right side of the TV below the screen or under the small logo at the bottom of the TV.
When should I reset my Insignia TV?
Resetting your Insignia TV can fix a variety of issues you might be experiencing.
If you are regularly experiencing issues though, you don’t want to be factory resetting the TV all the time.
If a regular factory reset doesn’t fix your issues permanently, you should consider getting a new TV or contacting Insignia support.
Here are the most common reasons why people may need to reset their TV:
Your TV will not connect to WIFI
If your TV won’t connect to the WiFi network, a factory reset will usually fix the problem.
However, make sure to check your router first.
Unplug and plug the router back in. You can also disconnect the TV from WiFi under Settings and then reconnect it after a few moments.
The TV keeps disconnecting or restarting
If the TV randomly turns off or disconnects from streaming services without warning, you might need a factory reset.
This can fix problems with the software or network settings that you might be experiencing.
You are experiencing problems after an update
Smart TVs need to update every so often for new software and versions.
If the TV has automatically updated recently and begins having issues, you should factory reset it.
It might be able to successfully run the new software after a full reset.
You bought the TV used
If you bought the TV from a previous owner, you should factory reset it so that it erases all of the settings from the other person.
That way you can connect the TV to your own network and configure your own settings and passwords etc.
Difference between restarting and factory resetting
Before you factory reset your Insignia TV, you might want to try just restarting it. This can fix many different issues as well, and doesn’t erase all your settings like a factory reset does.
Factory resetting the TV will cause all of your information to be erased and you will have to start over as if you just bought the TV. You’ll avoid having to start over with a simple restart.
To restart your Insignia TV, you can:
- Unplug the TV.
- Leave it unplugged for 60 seconds.
- While it is unplugged, press and hold the power button on the TV for 30 seconds.
- Plug the TV back in.
During this process, make sure you are holding the power button on your TV, and not your remote!
This will help to drain any residual power left in the TV and allows the TV to soft reset itself. This is different than simply switching the remote on and off!
Manuals for all Insignia TV models and years
If you’re having trouble resetting your Insignia TV you can try to track down the user manual for your exact model number and year, and search its manual for the words “factory reset”.
You should be able to get the exact model number from the back of your TV.
Insignia TV Support
If you tried and failed to reset your Insignia TV, you should contact the Insignia TV support team directly.
1) By phone: 1-877-467-4289 (available from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. CT daily)
2) By contact form: insigniaproducts.com/email-us
Explain to them your problem and what you have already tried, and they will surely be able to help you.
Resetting your Insignia TV is an easy way to get your TV back the settings it had when you first brought it from the store.
It can be a simple solution to fixing a variety of problems that you might encounter while trying to use the TV or when you’re streaming using other devices.
While the reset process varies by the Insignia TV model and year, the basic process is similar. Simply do the following:
- Click the Home button on your remote
- Go to all Settings
- Click Device & Software
- Finally Reset to Factory Defaults
While a factory reset for Insignia TVs almost always works, if you are continuing to experience issues, you might want to consider contacting Insignia Support at 1-877-467-4289.
They should be able to better guide you on a solution to your problem.
How to factory reset your Insignia Smart TV
- You can reset your Insignia TV with or without the remote control.
- Fire TV: Settings → My Fire TV → Reset to factory settings → Restart .
- Roku TV: Home → Settings → System → Advanced system settings → Factory reset → PIN → OK → Start factory reset .
- Without remote: Hold the power button on the TV → Control menu → Power button twice → Delete data → Yes → Data clearing completed .
Insignia Smart TV comes with two operating systems: Fire TV OS and Roku TV OS. You can install all your favorite apps on your Insignia Smart TV directly from the Amazon App Store and Roku Channel Store. If the app is buffering or if your Insignia Smart TV is not working properly, you will need to restart your TV in order to fix the problem.
1. Launch Insignia Fire TV and click the Gear icon .
2. In Settings, press My Fire TV.
3. Scroll down and press Factory Reset.
4. You will now receive a warning message that a factory reset will delete all of your apps, login information, and personal settings.
5. Press Reset and the reset process of your Insignia Fire TV will begin.
6. Start setting up your Insignia Smart TV from the beginning.
You can also press and hold the Back and Right buttons on the remote simultaneously until the reset screen appears. Choose Restart to reset your Fire TV. Your Insignia Smart TV will then reset to factory settings.
1. Press the Home button on the Insignia Roku TV remote control.
2. On the main screen, touch Settings.
3. In the Settings section, press System.
4. Go to Advanced system settings.
5. Now select Factory Reset and enter the password. Then click on OK.
6. Then select Run factory reset. Your Insignia Roku TV will be reset to factory settings.
If your Insignia TV does not turn on or displays a black screen, you will need to reset the TV without using the remote control. If the Insignia TV remote is not working, you can use this method to give your TV a rest.
1. Turn off your Insignia TV and disconnect it from the power supply.
2. Leave the TV in standby mode for more than ten minutes.
3. Then turn on the TV and hold down the Power button on the TV for more than ten seconds.
4. You will get Control menu on your TV.
5. Now press the Force button button on the TV two times.
6. Select the Delete data option. On some TV models, click the Reset to factory settings option.
7. At the confirmation prompt, press the Yes button button.
8. The Insignia TV will now restart. After that, you will get Data deletion completed screen.
9. Then click the icon Reboot the system button.
10. After the reboot, your Insignia TV will be reset.
That’s all it takes to reset your Insignia Smart TV. Think before you reset your Smart TV because a reset will erase everything on your TV. Once the reset is complete, you should set up your Insignia Smart TV from the first step. You must install and add apps to your Insignia Smart TV from scratch.
1. Where is the reset button on the Insignia TV?
The Insignia does not have a reset button. You must use the power button to restart the TV.
2. How do I reset the Insignia Fire TV remote?
Touch and hold the Left , Menu and Back buttons on the Fire TV remote to reset it.
How to reset your Insignia 9 smart TV0001
Leave a comment
/ TV / By
Resetting your Insignia TV may seem complicated because the TV does not have a built-in reset button that allows you to perform an action with a single push.
However, the process is not that complicated. In this article, you will learn how to safely reset your Insignia TV in just a few seconds.
Here are some situations that require you to reset your Insignia TV:
- If you want to invert the setting
- When your TV freezes
- When your TV does not work properly.
Insignia TVs do not have a reset button, unlike some of the more popular brands. However, this does not mean that you cannot reset it.
Simply enter service mode with the remote control to reset the TV.
How do I reset my Smart TV Insignia?
Before resetting your TV, please note that this action will change most of your user settings and may delete your data and installed applications.
To reset the TV:
- Unplug the TV
- Wait at least half an hour before plugging it back in.
- Connect the TV again and it will ask you to start entering system data again.
It is best to leave the TV unplugged overnight and continue the hard reset process the next day.
How do I reset my Insignia Smart TV?
Insignia TV remote control
Compared to a hard reset, resetting your Insignia TV to factory settings is a more detailed procedure, but gives better results. During this process, you must use the TV remote.
To reset the settings:
- Turn on the Insignia TV by pressing the power button on the remote control.