About Apple USB power adapters
This overview will help you identify a USB power adapter from Apple. Apple USB power adapters and cables are included with many products and are available separately from Apple and authorized Apple resellers.
Customer safety is a top priority at Apple. That’s why all our products—including USB power adapters—undergo rigorous testing for safety and reliability and are designed to meet government safety standards around the world.
As part of our efforts to reach our environmental goals, iPhone models no longer include a power adapter in the box. iPhone continues to work with existing power adapters and USB-A to Lightning cables, such as those included in prior models. iPhone models now include in the box a newer USB‑C to Lightning cable that supports fast charging and is compatible with USB‑C power adapters and computer ports that you might already have. You can use either a USB-A to Lightning cable or the newer USB-C to Lightning cable with your iPhone.
You can use any of the adapters listed below to charge your iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or iPod. You can also use a Mac USB-C Power Adapter or third-party adapters that comply with applicable safety standards. For more information about charging your iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or iPod, refer to the Safety, Handling, and Support section of the iPhone User Guide, iPad User Guide, Apple Watch User Guide, or iPod User Guide.
5W USB power adapter
Most iPhone models earlier than iPhone 11 came with a 5W power adapter in the box.
10W USB power adapter
These devices come with a 10W power adapter in the box:
- iPad Air 2
- iPad Air
- iPad mini 4
- iPad mini 3
- iPad mini 2
- iPad 2
12W USB power adapter
These devices come with a 12W power adapter in the box:
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (1st generation)
- iPad Pro (10. 5-inch)
- iPad Pro (9.7-inch)*
- iPad Air (3rd generation)*
- iPad mini (5th generation)*
- iPad (7th generation)*
- iPad (6th generation)*
- iPad (5th generation)*
* In some countries and regions, this model ships with the 10W power adapter.
18W USB-C power adapter
These devices come with an 18W power adapter in the box:
- iPad Pro 12.9 inch (4th generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9 inch (3rd generation)
- iPad Pro 11-inch (2nd generation)
- iPad Pro 11-inch
The Apple 18W USB-C power adapter can fast charge your iPhone 8 or later.
20W USB-C power adapter
These devices come with a 20W power adapter in the box:
- iPad mini (6th generation)
- iPad (9th generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (5th generation)
- iPad Pro 11-inch (3rd generation)
- iPad (8th generation)
- iPad Air (4th generation)
Learn about USB power adapter certifications
When an iOS or iPadOS device comes with an Apple USB power adapter, that adapter is certified to meet government safety standards in countries and regions where the device is available. Many of these countries and regions, including the United States, have adopted the Safety of Information Technology Equipment standard, IEC/UL 60950-1.
Apple USB power adapters are designed for use with power sources rated to provide 100V AC to 240V AC at 50Hz to 60Hz. The Type A (flat parallel-blade design) Apple 5W USB, 18W, and 20W USB-C power adapters, as well as the 10W and 12W USB power adapters (with Type A AC plug attached) also comply with the IEC/UL 60950-1 and IEC/UL 62368-1 standards for use with power sources rated to provide 115V AC at 400Hz.
Learn more about USB power adapters
Can I Use iPhone Charger for iPad?
It’s a common question: Your iPad and iPhone share the same connector, but their power adapters are different sizes and have different wattage ratings. Let’s say you’re on the go a lot, and you’d prefer not to lug around multiple adapters. Can you use the higher-wattage adapter on both devices?
The short answer: Yes, you can. And if you want a faster charge, we encourage it. Apple explicitly approves of using its chargers across all devices that accept Lightning cables. That’s because modern electronics have systems to ensure they draw the appropriate amount of power—enough to charge quickly, but not too much that it’ll damage the device. At least not immediately.
Master your digital world.
Master your digital world.
Anecdotally (and with confirmation from Apple), iOS devices charge much, much more quickly with a higher-watt wall brick. If you have an iPad Pro, and you charge it with the 29-watt MacBook USB-C charger, it’ll fuel up in half the time compared to the iPad’s included 12-watt charger.
The difference between either of those chargers and the 5-watt charger that comes with an iPhone will be just as dramatic. That’s because the difference between the iPhone and iPad adapters is the rated amperage. An iPad charge brick is rated to handle 2.1 amps, while the smaller iPhone charger is rated for just 1 amp.
The Best Dual iPhone/iPad Chargers
Ostrich 12 Watt Charger with 6-Foot Cable
$18 at Amazon
Anker 51.5 Watt 5-Port Wall Charger
$60 at Amazon
ZIKU 30 Watt 2-Port Charger (2-Pack)
Shop at Amazon
Anker Lightning Cable 3-Pack (3 ft, 6 ft, 10 ft)
Now 24% Off
$32 at Amazon
But the amperage rating is only a measure of the charger’s maximum capability. The actual amperage is determined by the load (i.e., the iPad or iPhone). According to Steve Sandler, founder and chief technical officer of the electronics analysis company AEi Systems, modern battery-powered electronics have a lot of complexity between the charger and the battery, including battery-charging circuits within the device and battery-protection circuits in the lithium-ion battery itself.
These circuits are designed to manage the flow of electricity to the battery, and if the circuits inside the iPhone were designed to tolerate 1 amp, but are routinely exposed to 2 amps, that could stress the system over time.
“Even though you may not instantaneously say, ‘Wow, I just destroyed my battery!’ you may limit its life over the long term,” Sandler says, “but you wouldn’t know for a year or more.”
Our advice: Since Apple claims compatibility between the iPad charger and iPhone, pay for AppleCare (it’s worth it for lots of reasons) and charge your devices with the biggest wall chargers you have. If your battery degrades severely after the first year, make Apple give you a new one.
Now Watch This:
As Editor in Chief, Alexander oversees all of Popular Mechanics’ editorial coverage across digital, print, and video. He has been a science and technology journalist for over 10 years and holds a Master of Arts degree from the Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism. He was previously Technology Editor for Popular Mechanics and before that, a contributor to publications including the Wall Street Journal, Wired, Outside, and was a product tester and reviewer for The Wirecutter. He has been called on to appear on live and taped broadcast programs including Today and programs on MSNBC. He lives in Pennsylvania and rides a 2012 Triumph Street Triple R motorcycle.
Power supply charger adapter Apple ipad ipad 2 ipad 3 ipad 4 ipad mini 10W original
We also advise you to look at
Portable vibration speaker for laptop, phone, iPhone ADIN model BT-300 power 36W Wireless Bluetooth NFC
USB cable for iPhone 5 / 5S / 6 / 6S / 7 MD818ZM/A original
Power supply (charger, adapter) ASUS EXA1203YH 19V 3.
42A connector 5.5×2.5mm ORIGINAL
2 000 rub
ADIN Bluetooth portable vibrating speaker model S8BT power 26W (logo applied) lot 200pcs.
580 000 rub
Portable vibrating column for laptop, phone, iPhone ADIN model S8BT power 26W
5 900 rub
Power supply (adapter, charger) Asus ADP-90SBBB
1 500 1 000 rub
New blog entries
- 07/25/2016 Our partner store Adapteroff. ru
- 03/09/2015 UPS runtime calculation
- 08/25/2014 How to choose the right power supply (charger, power adapter) for a laptop?
- 08/08/2014 Sony
laptop power supply
Share with friends
iPort Charge Case & Stand 2 iPad mini 1 | 2 | 3
Type: Floor stand and charger
Mounting type: Desktop, wall
iPad compatible: iPad mini 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (5th generation)
Automation system: Universal
Power type base: AC (input – AC 110-240V 50-60Hz 0.5A, output – DC 5V 2.4A + DC 5V 1.2A x 2 USB)
Type of power supply frame: DC (input – DC 5V 2.4A, output – DC 5V 2.4A)
Base dimensions (WxHxD), mm: 95×72×116
Frame dimensions (WxHxD), mm: 138×216×12.45
Weight base, g: 793
Weight frame, g: 131.5
What’s in the box?: Desktop base, frame, AC-DC power supply, user manual
- all the necessary documents are transferred with the order – a cash receipt and a sales receipt.
- Cash for payment for goods is accepted only in rubles of the Russian Federation.
Transfer to a bank card
- Payment for goods is carried out using Internet banking, together with the order, all necessary documents are transferred – a cash receipt and a sales receipt.
- Payment is considered completed after confirmation of receipt of funds by the cardholder.
- Payment for goods for legal entities is carried out by bank transfer by transferring funds to the settlement account of our company.
- To form an order with payment by bank transfer, you must provide the details of your organization. An invoice for payment for goods/services is sent to your email and is valid for 3 (three) banking days.
- After the receipt of funds to our current account, the operator will contact you to clarify the delivery details.
- At the time of receipt of the order, you will be required to have the seal of the organization or a power of attorney (Form M-2) with the seal of the organization. Together with the goods, all necessary financial documents are transferred – the original invoice, invoice and invoice.
Delivery in Moscow
- If the order amount is ≥ 5,000 ₽ — free of charge within the Moscow Ring Road.
- If the order amount is < 5,000 ₽ — 280 ₽ within the Moscow Ring Road.
- If the house is not equipped with an elevator, the lifting of bulky goods is 100 ₽ per floor.
Delivery outside Moscow Ring Road
- Delivery within Moscow + 30 ₽ for each kilometer from Moscow Ring Road.
- Lifting bulky goods to houses not equipped with an elevator — 100 ₽ per floor.
- Delivery to other regions of the Russian Federation is carried out by any transport company at the choice of the client.
- The cost of delivery of the order to the regions is paid by the client himself upon receipt of the goods.