Instant Pot® Duo™ Mini 3-quart Multi-Use Pressure Cooker, V5
One (1) Year Limited Warranty
This One (1) Year Limited Warranty applies to purchases made from authorized retailers of Instant Brands Inc. (“Instant Brands”) by the original appliance owner and is not transferable. Proof of original purchase date and, if requested by Instant Brands, return of your appliance, is required to obtain service under this Limited Warranty. Provided the appliance was used in accordance with the use & care instructions, Instant Brands will, in its sole and exclusive discretion, either: (i) repair defects in materials or workmanship; or (ii) replace the appliance. In the event that your appliance is replaced, the Limited Warranty on the replacement appliance will expire twelve (12) months from the date of receipt. Failure to register your product will not reduce your warranty rights. The liability of Instant Brands, if any, for any allegedly defective appliance or part will not exceed the purchase price of a comparable replacement appliance.
- What is not covered by this warranty?
- Products purchased, used, or operated outside of the United States and Canada.
- Products that have been modified or attempted to be modified.
- Damage resulting from accident, alteration, misuse, abuse, neglect, unreasonable use, use contrary to the operating instructions, normal wear and tear, commercial use, improper assembly, disassembly, failure to provide reasonable and necessary maintenance, fire, flood, acts of God, or repair by anyone unless directed by an Instant Brands representative.
- Use of unauthorized parts and accessories.
- Incidental and consequential damages.
- The cost of repair or replacement under these excluded circumstances.
EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED HEREIN AND TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, INSTANT BRANDS MAKES NO WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS OR REPRESENTATIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, BY STATUTE, USAGE, CUSTOM OF TRADE OR OTHERWISE WITH RESPECT TO THE APPLIANCES OR PARTS COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS, OR REPRESENTATIONS OF WORKMANSHIP, MERCHANTABILITY, MERCHANTABLE QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR DURABILITY.
Some states or provinces do not allow for: (1) the exclusion of implied warranties of merchantability or fitness; (2) limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts; and/or (3) the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages; so these limitations may not apply to you. In these states and provinces, you have only the implied warranties that are expressly required to be provided in accordance with applicable law. The limitations of warranties, liability, and remedies apply to the maximum extent permitted by law. This limited warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state or province to province.
Please visit www.instantpot.com/support/register to register your new Instant Brands™ appliance. Failure to register your product will not diminish your warranty rights. You will be asked to provide the store name, date of purchase, model number (found on the back of your appliance) and serial number (found on the bottom of your appliance) along with your name and email address. The registration will enable us to keep you up to date with product developments, recipes and contact you in the unlikely event of a product safety notification. By registering, you acknowledge that you have read and understand the instructions for use, and warnings set forth in the accompanying instructions.
To obtain warranty service, please contact our Customer Care Department by phone at 1-800-828-7280 or by email to [email protected] You can also create a support ticket online at www.instantpot.com/support. If we are unable to resolve the problem, you may be asked to send your appliance to the Service Department for quality inspection. Instant Brands is not responsible for shipping costs related to warranty service. When returning your appliance, please include your name, mailing address, email address, phone number, and proof of the original purchase date as well as a description of the problem you are encountering with the appliance.
June 15, 2021
6 Qt vs 3 Qt Instant Pot: Differences & Benefits
The Instant Pot is an indispensible tool in the kitchen. It can make cooking for a few or cooking for a lot very easy. And the good news is that it’s available in multiple sizes, even a small 3-quart size, so you can cook as big or small as you like.
If you’re trying to decide between the 6 qt vs 3 qt Instant Pot, below are a few simple considerations that will help you make the decision easier. Keep in mind that there is also an 8 qt and 10 qt size, if you want to round out your collection
» You might also want to read our full guide to choosing the right Instant Pot and our rundown of the 15 Instant Pot Accessories You Need
Whether you’re about to be a first-time Instant Pot owner or adding another one of these nifty appliances to your kitchen, it’s important to choose the right size for you. Each size is available in various models, offering wonderful benefits.
Why Use An Instant Pot?
The Instant Pot is one of the most useful kitchen appliances you can buy, because it drastically cuts down on the cooking time for developing flavors in soups and stews, getting tough cuts of meat tender, and even baking a cheesecake. And there are many accessories that will help you get more out of your Instant Pot.
If you don’t have one yet, check out our guide on which one to buy. Also see our guide to How to Use an Instant Pot for more information.
- Don’t Have an Instant Pot Yet? This guide can help you choose the right one.
- See reviews and prices for Instant Pots on Amazon.
- Learn some great Instant Pot Tips & Tricks.
- Click to find more recipes to make in your Instant Pot.
Instant Pot 6 Quart vs. 3 Quart: Size, Pressure & Water Requirements
Wondering which Instant Pot to buy? You’ll first want to consider the number of people you’ll be cooking for. This will help you decide whether a 6 qt is too big or the smaller 3 qt size is big enough.
Here is a more in-depth look at the size, pressure, water requirements, and models available.
Size Comparison: 6 Qt vs 3 Qt Instant Pot
Although you can cook smaller portions in a larger Instant Pot, it’s best to choose the ideal size for your household needs. Keep in mind that a 6 qt Instant Pot is generally more pricey, so be sure to consider your budget when deciding.
How Big Is a 6 Quart Instant Pot?
The 6-quart Instant Pot is 13.2″ x 12.2″ x 12.5″.
This is the original size that the Instant Pot was manufactured in and is the most popular size. It’s an excellent option for smaller households of 2-5 people. You can cook most things in a 6 qt, including a small-sized full chicken, spaghetti for 4, a full cake, and 4-quarts of yogurt.
Keep in mind that you can’t fill the inner pot full to the top, so while the total capacity is 6 quarts, you can only fit 4 quarts of food inside. There is a max-fill line that you don’t want to exceed.
How Big Is a 3 Quart Instant Pot?
The 3-quart Instant Pot is 11.4″ x 10″ x 11.2″.
With a 3 quart Instant Pot, you can make smaller meals or smaller amounts of things like rice or black beans, without all the extra space in the pot. For instance, if you’re only cooking 1 cup of rice, it’s barely enough to cover the bottom of a 6-quart pot, but fits well in the 3-quart.
The benefit to this scenario is that it will take less time for the pot to come up and down from pressure, because there is less space inside. The smaller pot is also easier to store – whether on your counter or in the cupboard.
If you’re only cooking for 1 or 2 people, the 3-quart can cook most things, main dishes and side dishes, and it’ll do it faster and take up less space than a 6-quart. However, you won’t be able to make larger things like a whole chicken or steaming a pumpkin or butternut squash.
The 3-quart Instant Pot has 2-quarts of cooking space, as you can only fill to the max-fill line. It’s best used for small meals, soups, stews, meats, without many leftovers. There are quite a few accessories for the 3-quart so you don’t need to worry about that.
It’s good to look at how long each one of these machines takes to come up to pressure, because that can add significant cooking time to your meal.
Generally, the 6 qt Instant Pot takes around 5 to 10 minutes to come to pressure. As you may have suspected, the 3 qt Instant Pot takes less time to come to pressure. Typically, you can expect 3-8 minutes. However, after the 3 qt pot reaches pressure, the cooking time will be the same.
The pressure release time will vary more based on the type of food in the pot than on the size. More food always takes longer to depressurize. However, there will be a 2-4 minute savings on the release with a 3-quart.
- 6 Quart Models are 1000 Watts
- 3 Quart Models are 700 Watts
The Instant Pot requires water to build steam. Without the proper amount of water, the steam won’t build properly and your food could burn, or the pot will turn off prematurely. Each Instant Pot size requires a different amount of liquid.
When using a 6 qt pot, you will need at least 1 1/2 cups of water (or another liquid) to pressure cook safely. The 3-quart only requires 1 cup of water. With some of the older models, the manual suggested only 1 cup of water for the 6 quart and 3/4 cup water for the 3-quart. With newer models, they are requiring a larger amount, which will help protect from the burn notice.
You’ll find that many Instant Pot recipes are tailored to the 6 qt pots, so you might have to adjust the water requirements if you’re cooking with a 3 qt pot.
While there is only a slight difference in size between the 6 and 3 quart machines, there is a slightly bigger difference in the internal space.
- 6 Quart Models have an inner pot diameter of 8.5 Inches
- 3 Quart Models have an inner pot diameter of 7 Inches
Now that you better understand the differences in the Instant Pot 6 vs. 3 quarts, it’s time to see what product options are available. Since the 6-quart is the most popular, you will find many more options for that size than the 3-quart.
- 6 qt Instant Pot Duo
- 6 qt Instant Pot Duo Plus
- 6 qt Instant Pot Lux
- 6 qt Instant Pot Max
- 6 qt Instant Pot Ultra
- 3-quart Instant Pot Duo
- 3-quart Instant Pot Duo Plus
3-quart with lid
Should You Get a 6 or 3 Quart Instant Pot?
After looking at the various specifications and benefits, hopefully, you can confidently choose the right size for you. Remember to consider the size of your family, how often you cook, your kitchen space, your budget, and which model you would prefer.
Whether you pick an Instant Pot 6 or 3 quart, you’ll have a wonderful time cooking in it. So get ready to save time and energy with your new little kitchen helper.
Instant Pot Pro Plus
Now you can control your pot wirelessly through an app. Cool-touch handles on the pot itself, and an automatic locking pressure release valve for greater safety. This one does it all.
Buy on Amazon
» You might be interested in 8 Qt vs 6 Qt Instant Pot.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Like this recipe? We’d love for you to share it on your Pinterest boards! Click to follow our Pinterest boards so you can find all our recipes! You can also find us on Facebook!
PIN IT FOR LATER
🥧 If you’re interested in more great recipes, I share all my favorite recipes over at A Food Lover’s Kitchen, and you’ll find air fryer recipes at Air Fry Anytime, and cocktails and drinks at Savored Sips. Check it out today!
Angela is a talented home cook and an expert at creating delicious, nutritious meals that can be prepared quickly and easily using an Instant Pot.
types, materials, pros and cons, how to choose, characteristics
Pans are functional products used for cooking and storing ready meals. When choosing a model, consider the size and volume, wall thickness and material.
- Types of pots
- Features of pots
900 07 How to choose a pot
Pots are used for cooking food on an electric or gas stove and for storing food.
How the pressure cooker works:
- The pressure cooker consists of a body in which a pot or bowl is placed, electric heating elements, control devices and a hermetically sealed lid.
- The food in the pressure cooker is heat treated under high pressure. The main operating valve releases steam when a certain pressure level inside the device is exceeded, an emergency valve is activated if the design is out of order.
How the steamer works:
- The tank, which is located on the control unit body, is filled with water. The heating element heats the water, bringing it to a boil.
- Steam is generated and passes through small holes in the bottom of the food pan. It exits through the hole in the lid, some of it settles with condensate on the walls of the device.
- The condensate drains into a drip pan that prevents it from entering the evaporated liquid.
- Saucepan. Classical deep bowl of round shape with small loop handles, used for stewing and cooking food.
- Pressure cooker. Products are equipped with a lid that closes tightly. The pressure cooker provides fast cooking, preserves vitamins and nutrients contained in the products.
The downside is that it is inconvenient to follow the process. Precautions must be taken when preparing food in a pressure cooker.
- Steamer. This model consists of several containers that are stacked pyramidally one on top of the other. Fat and liquid accumulate in the lower part of the steamer, while food is in the upper part.
When cooking, the beneficial properties of food are preserved, the steamer is also used for defrosting and heating food.
- Steamer insert. Consisting of a perforated round bottom, petal walls and removable legs. Such designs are installed on the bottom of an ordinary pan.
- Pressure cooker. This pan looks like a double boiler, equipped with 3-4 tiers, used for cooking manti.
- Cast iron. Designed for thick dishes that require long-term stewing: pilaf, stew, stew. This is an environmentally friendly material, harmless to health, so ready-made dishes are also stored in cast iron cookware.
Products are resistant to mechanical damage, but are afraid of falling from a height. Due to an excess of moisture, cast iron can rust, so after washing, the dishes must be thoroughly wiped dry.
- Steel. Such products are environmentally friendly, easy to clean, but it is not recommended to use abrasive products for cleaning, they can scratch the surface.
Steel pots retain their aesthetic appearance for a long time, withstand temperature changes. If you allow the dishes to overheat, then yellow spots will appear on the walls, dark stains remain from saline solutions.
- Aluminium. They have high thermal conductivity, the cooking process takes little time. Models made of aluminum do not rust, a thin oxide film forms on the walls of the pan, so food does not come into contact with metal.
In order not to damage the protective layer, use soft sponges.
- Ceramic. Stews, porridge, rich soups are cooked well in such pots. Ceramics do not conduct heat well, so they cool slowly.
Glass-ceramic pots and refractory porcelain pots are environmentally friendly, shock and temperature resistant. The downside is that the dishes are fragile and can break easily.
- Saucepan size is measured from the outer edge. The standard diameter varies from 10 to 30 cm.
- Volume is a characteristic indicating the volume of food that can be used for cooking at a time, while taking into account the characteristics of the preparation of the dish.
This value depends on the diameter and height of the cookware.
To stew poultry, meat or vegetables, a 2-3 liter pot is enough, for cooking side dishes, pasta and soups you need a 3-4 liter pot, 5-6 liter models are designed for large families.
- Depth (height) – this parameter is important for storing the pot, since tall products often do not fit in the refrigerator, this indicator does not play a role for cooking.
- The wall thickness of depends on the pot material. For cast iron and enameled products, the value is 4.5 mm, for stainless steel models – 0.5 mm.
Pot covers are:
- Teflon. Practical 3 mm thick coatings that protect cookware from sticking. The downside of products is that with mechanical damage (scratches, cracks), they can lose their non-stick properties.
High temperatures release toxic substances. There should be no metal accessories on such pans.
- Ceramic. Ensure uniform cooking of food. The material is durable, but sensitive to the effects of temperature changes, as a result of which microcracks may appear on the surface of the pan.
- Marble. The pot material is cast aluminum, which has good thermal conductivity. Such pans provide uniform heating, therefore, reduce the time for cooking.
Products withstand high temperatures, do not overheat, so the non-stick layer is not destroyed. Marble coating is not afraid of cracks and scratches.
- Enamelled. Enamel requires careful care and careful handling, do not use abrasive products and hard brushes for cleaning. Cracking of the coating under the influence of high temperatures leads to corrosion of the base of the dishes.
Cookware without non-stick coating heats up slowly, but heats up to high temperatures, retains heat for a long time.
These pans are not corrosive, resistant to chemicals, but rust from constant moisture and look unattractive.
- Glass. Washable with abrasive products, scratch resistant. The disadvantage of the material is that it is fragile and can break if careless operation. Lids are equipped with bakelite handles that can be handled with bare hands.
- Metal . High-strength stainless steel is resistant to drops and shocks, retains heat well. To avoid damaging the protective film on the dishes, use soft sponges and detergents.
- Cast iron. These lids are resistant to mechanical damage and are suitable for storing ready meals. Cast iron does not tolerate moisture, can rust due to improper care.
- Ceramic. Lids are brittle and cannot withstand high temperatures; compatible with microwave ovens, ovens, dishwashers. The material is easy to maintain and clean.
- Wood. Eco-friendly material that quickly absorbs moisture. These lids can be used to store cooked food. Wooden products require careful maintenance.
- Metal. Larger handles get less heat from the burner. The materials are resistant to high temperatures. It is not recommended to use metal handles in the oven.
- Bakelite. Made of heat-resistant plastic, heats up quickly, doesn’t slip and provides a comfortable grip. Withstand temperatures up to 150 degrees.
When using cookware, make sure that the handles are not in the heating zone, this will lead to deformation.
- Cast iron. Durable, not amenable to mechanical damage, resist shock and high temperatures, rust under the influence of moisture.
- Ceramic. Easy to clean, sensitive to temperature changes, not too strong, well combined with microwaves and ovens.
- Liter scale – a measuring scale that indicates the volume of food or liquid, convenient for preparing recipes.
- The steam outlet is located on the lid of the product and removes steam when cooking.
- The drain hole is located on the top edge of the pot, directing the liquid when pouring into the container. There are models equipped with a special filter mesh.
- Seasoning funnel – a part mounted on the handle of the pot lid, used to pour oil, vinegar, wine, it ensures an even flow of liquid seasonings into food.
- Removable handles – allow you to use the pans in the oven, convenient for transporting and storing products.
- Induction Compatible – Provides the ability to heat and cook food on induction hobs. Such dishes are made of materials that absorb the energy of a magnetic field.
- Oven Use – Provides the use of pots in the oven when cooking. Such models are made of heat-resistant materials, equipped with short metal handles, without non-stick coating.
- Dishwasher safe, a feature available on most products in terms of material and size.
- Lid with temperature sensor – an indicator located on the lid of the pot and indicates the internal temperature. Such products are more expensive, incompatible with ovens and dishwashers.
- Multi-layered bottom – a coating consisting of three layers: the inner one is made of materials with high thermal conductivity, the two outer ones are made of the main material of the dish.
Such a bottom counteracts deformations and temperature changes, provides uniform heating and slow cooling of products.
- The capsule bottom also consists of three layers: stainless steel – aluminum – stainless steel. There are models that use copper as the bottom layer.
- Welded bottom provides for pressing a metal plate between layers of stainless steel, which prevent the appearance of air gaps at the bottom of the pan.
- dish holders;
- detachable handles.
Pot sets often include:
- removable handles;
- dish holders;
- other kitchen utensils.
Cast iron pots:
- strong and durable;
- harmless to health;
- suitable for storing finished products;
- resistant to mechanical damage, not afraid of falling from a height;
- have an unaesthetic appearance;
- rust when exposed to moisture;
- require careful maintenance;
- without non-stick coating;
- weighty, heavy.
- environmentally friendly, non-toxic ;
- easy to clean and wash;
- heat resistance;
- durable, long lasting;
- drop and shock resistant;
- do not tolerate acid substances;
- warm up quickly.
- good thermal conductivity;
- dishes do not rust;
- food is cooked quickly;
- do not tolerate acid environments;
- food may stick to the bottom;
- not suitable for storing prepared food;
- easy to clean;
- fragile material that can break easily;
- has poor conductivity.
Cast iron pots:
- wear resistance;
- environmentally friendly;
- resistant to mechanical damage;
- are suitable for storing prepared food.
- environmentally friendly;
- easy to clean;
- heat resistance;
- retain their appearance for a long time;
- strength, drop and shock resistance;
- acid resistant;
- do not require careful maintenance.
- thermal conductivity;
- anti-corrosion properties;
- fast food preparation;
- light weight;
- easy to clean;
- beautiful appearance;
- impact resistance;
- environmentally friendly;
- useful properties of products are preserved;
- even heat distribution.
Cons of cast iron pans:
- without non-stick coating;
- rust from moisture;
- needs careful maintenance.
Disadvantages of steel products:
- do not tolerate acid;
- overheat quickly;
- Spots appear when exposed to high temperatures.
Cons of aluminum models:
- does not like contact with acidic environments;
- metal is peeling off the sides of the dish;
- food may stick to the bottom;
- Cooked food should not be stored in these pots.
Disadvantages of ceramic products:
- brittle material that can break easily;
- does not conduct heat well.
How to choose a saucepan
- The best option is a 3 liter saucepan that allows you to realize many culinary ideas. For cooking soups and compotes, select models with a calculation of 1 liter per person.
A two-liter pot is suitable for cooking side dishes, a 1-liter pot is suitable for cooking porridge. It is better to have a set of kitchen utensils of different sizes in stock. Buy models that will fit in the refrigerator and storage cabinet.
- Choose pans with thick sides and bottoms and several layers of non-stick coating. Products with thin walls are deformed when overheated or overcooled.
Minimum pan thickness 2 mm. Multi-layer coating ensures uniform heating of food.
- Buy pans with screwed handles, not welded handles. It is better if they are made of heat-resistant material.
- The lid must fit tightly on the pan. If you want to watch the cooking process, choose glass parts.
- It is not recommended to buy whole sets of pans, you can make a set of dishes yourself. To prepare pilaf, you will need a cast-iron cauldron, for cooking dietary dishes – models with a Teflon coating.
- If you plan to cook in a microwave oven, buy glass or ceramic dishes, metal products cannot be used for such purposes.
- When choosing an enamel pot, pay attention to the presence of mechanical damage: chips, scratches, cracks, breaks. Harmful substances can get into food. Products must be certified.
- Pay attention to the material of the pot. Choose environmentally friendly and wear-resistant products.
The best pots:
- strong, durable;
- made of environmentally friendly materials;
- resistant to mechanical damage;
- have a beautiful appearance;
- with heat resistant handles;
- heat evenly;
- withstand temperature extremes;
- with durable non-stick coating;
- with sealed cap;
- suitable for storing prepared food;
- light and easy to care for.
- Stainless steel cookware does not require special care, it is enough to wipe the outer and inner surfaces after washing. Steel products do not like salt solutions.
If rainbow stains form on the pan, remove them with citric acid or vinegar.
- Wooden spatulas are suitable for non-stick pans. Do not overheat the products so that the bottom is not deformed. After cooking, wash the pan with ordinary soap, rinse in hot water and dry, then apply a thin layer of oil to the walls.
- Pots with a ceramic surface should be washed by hand. Do not use abrasive cleaners. Fill the dishes with water, and after an hour clean it with a soft sponge. It is recommended to store ceramic dishes without a lid.
- Do not clean aluminum pots with a brush or brush, use a sponge. To clean the dishes from plaque, fill them with water and leave for 12 hours.
You can restore the shine to your dishes by boiling them with vinegar, apple peels and potato peels. If the aluminum pan turns black, fill it with whey or cucumber pickle, leave for 2-3 hours.
- Do not clean glass and cast iron with powder or other abrasive products. Clean the plaque with a special solution. Method of preparation: pour a liter of water, add a teaspoon of salt and vinegar.
After each wash, wipe the pot with a dry towel, store glass and ceramic models separately from other kitchen utensils.
- Before use, temper the pot: fill to the top with water, dissolve salt in it (2 tablespoons per liter), bring to a boil. This will prevent cracking of the enamel. Do not pour cold water into a hot dish.
Pots with chipped enamel should not be used, as these pieces may be ingested. Do not use sharp metal objects to clean dishes, small scratches violate the integrity of the enamel.
To clean the interior, boil water with sour apple peel or vinegar in it.
Pots are guaranteed for 1-3 years depending on the manufacturer. If there is a manufacturing defect, the company undertakes to provide free service according to the sales receipt or warranty card.
The presentation of the dishes must be preserved. The company performs the replacement of parts, complete replacement of goods or repairs.
Warranty is not provided in the following cases:
- the product shows signs of wear;
- when model parts are deformed;
- traces of mechanical damage are visible: scratches, chips, cracks;
- design has been modified;
- when repairs are carried out by non-specialists;
- the basic rules for the operation of the product were violated;
- traces of exposure to chemicals are visible.
The warranty does not cover the accessories included with the product.
Recommendations for repairing dishes:
- To repair broken dishes, prepare the surface: clean the parts with special dishwashing liquid under warm water. Glue is applied with a toothpick or paper clip on the edge of one of the fragments.
The strength of the cookware will depend on how thoroughly you coat it. When handling broken pieces, protect your hands from sharp edges. Remove adhesive residue immediately, dried adhesives can be cleaned with a sharp blade.
If the seam is visible, use ceramic paints or glass paints to match the color.
- Use 9% vinegar to make the pot shine. Pour the dishes for 2-3 hours with water, then add half a glass of vinegar, half a bar of laundry soap and bring the solution to a boil.
Leave for 30-60 minutes, the duration depends on the nature of the dirt.
- To clean the black coating on the dishes, prepare the following mixture: for 4 liters of boiling water add a third of the laundry soap rubbed on a coarse grater and 1 tbsp. a spoonful of PVA glue. Bring the solution to a boil, wait 30 minutes.
- The second way is to clean the pot with baking soda with a hard sponge. For heavy soiling, boil the dishes in a solution of water with 1 glass of soda.
Add 1-2 tbsp. tablespoons of 9% vinegar. Use this method to clean enamelware and stainless steel, aluminum items may darken.
The company has been manufacturing tableware since 1972. Products are represented by thermoses, cutlery, goods for the garden and vegetable garden.
The technology of three-layer thermal distribution bottom is used, Japanese experience is used for the manufacture of thermoses. The cutlery of the company is distinguished by its original design.
German tableware company. The products are represented by pots, teapots, juice cookers, frying pans, coffee grinders, thermoses.
Porcelain, ceramic and glass products are available, stainless steel and aluminium, plastic and silicone are used. The dishes can be used on different stoves due to the magnetic properties of the bottom.
Stainless steel Steelagen is used for the production of dishes. It is a material with good anti-corrosion properties, resistant to salty and acidic solutions, non-toxic, strong and durable.
Non-stick coating is innovative and environmentally friendly.
Pans of the brand are made according to the triple bottom technology: the top layer is made of steel, the middle layer is made of aluminum, the bottom layer is made of magnetic steel. This structure of the dishes ensures uniform heating of the walls, saves time on the cooking process, improves the taste of dishes.
Among the brand’s products:
- metal pans made of steel and aluminum;
- colorful pots with bright designs;
- pots 1.5, 2, 3, 5 liters;
- sets of saucepans of various sizes;
- three-layer base.
The assortment includes pots, pans, ducklings, cauldrons, boilers, braziers, barbecues, smoke ovens. Products are made from high quality materials, a non-stick coating from a German manufacturer is used, which is applied by spraying.
Products resistant to mechanical damage and abrasion, durable. The thick-walled cast body of products with a thickness of 4.5-6 mm provides heat resistance, uniform heat distribution, and prevents deformation of the body.
Mayer & Boch
Products include 7,000 products for home use, represented by crepe makers, frying pans, braziers, ladles, teapot sets, sets and cutlery.
The company manufactures durable and functional products: household appliances, home accessories. The products are popular in Russia and Eastern European markets.
Popular colors and fashion trends are taken into account during production. Acceptable ratio of prices and quality of goods.
The company has been engaged in wholesale deliveries of Serbian products for 14 years. The assortment includes enameled dishes, stainless steel products, kitchen sinks made of artificial stone, water heaters.
Every year the company releases 8-10 new decals (drawings on the product).
Czech company, manufacturer of kitchen tools and accessories. Products are reliable, durable, wear-resistant and durable, meet European and international quality standards. The brand’s pans are chemically and mechanically resistant.
Environmentally friendly materials are used, harmless to health. Products are packed in technological packaging with a European design. Goods of an average price category.
Brand founded in Germany in 1988 for the manufacture of professional dishes, since 2005, the production of kitchen utensils for the home has been launched. The company uses advanced technology:
- Anodized aluminum – aluminum with a special coating, obtained by electrolytic method.
- TRI-PLY technology provides uniform heating of dishes and long-term preservation of heat, preserves the taste of food.
Saucepans have lids with automatic steam release, stainless steel models have volume markings. The cookware is equipped with a titanium non-stick coating.
Warranty for steel products – 25 years, for bakelite and silicone accessories – 3 years, for aluminum models – 2 years.
Manufacturer of English style tableware. Products are represented by cutlery and kitchen utensils, sets of knives, various accessories. Products are durable, resistant to mechanical damage, with anti-corrosion properties.
Cast iron non-stick cookware collection heats evenly and retains heat for a long time. Silicone products are heat-resistant, used in ovens and microwave ovens.
The brand is engaged in the production of small household appliances and dishes in 120 countries. Products are manufactured in France and China, produced in the middle and high price segments. Among the dishes – irons, kettles, scales, waffle irons, pancakes.
Budget products have a simple design, high quality, but limited functionality. Premium-class models are distinguished by their functionality and original design of dishes.
The company is engaged in the production of dishes and household appliances, focuses on current trends. Products are represented by teapots, coffee makers, multicookers, climate control equipment, vacuum cleaners, body and hair care products.
Dishes for food storage are produced: pots, stewpans, frying pans, choppers. Materials for products: steel, aluminum, ceramics, cast iron, heat-resistant glass, plastic.
Models with non-stick coating and low heat handles allow you to use cookware without potholders.
Russian trade mark is engaged in the production of steel enameled and steel cookware with non-stick coating. The assortment includes sets of pots, teapots, tanks, mugs, basins.
Enamelled products are intended for thermal processing of food, preparation of cold dishes, food storage. Enamel coating does not change the taste of products, durable and resistant to acidic solutions.
Manufacturer of tableware and kitchen accessories. The range includes pots, pans, bowls, knives, baking dishes. Models are durable, with anti-corrosion properties, chemical inertness.
Knives made of zirconium ceramics, designed for cutting fruit, fish, meat. The pans of the company are wear-resistant, withstand mechanical and thermal loads.
Advertising from sponsors: //
The most popular types of pans: we check the quality ourselves
High-quality dishes are supplied to Ukraine from Germany, France, Italy and even the USA. It is not cheap, but different types of pans made in Europe impress with increased strength, resistance to shock and corrosion. Their minimum shelf life is 10 years. In the lightest aluminum products, water boils twice as fast as in cast iron pans. Ceramic dishes retain up to 65% of the useful properties of food, and in glass you can clearly see how the most “capricious” ingredients reach readiness.
Pot dimensions and capacity
All types of pots differ in raw material, bottom thickness, handle shape and design. In size, they are small, from 0.5 to 0.8 liters, medium – from 1.5 to 2.5 liters and large, which boldly includes 15-20 liters of liquid. For sauteing vegetables, 2-liter aluminum containers are more suitable. Food does not burn in them, and they also heat up quickly, so that the hostesses use gas economically. Pasta is more convenient to cook in 3-liter pans. There, 1 liter of water goes to 100 g of the product, so a small vessel with a volume of up to 1.5 liters is unlikely to “feed” a large family.
Soups are prepared in 4 liter containers. Spicy sauces – in aluminum ladles or stewpans. The highest quality cookware without dents and potholes does not pose a risk to the health of users. Its main advantage is the uniform heating of the surfaces, which is triple important for the quick preparation of milk soups, goulash and pork fingers. In half-litres, newly-made mothers brew infant formula. Pots up to 3.5 liters are convenient to take on trips, but 8-liter models are designed for large families. For the home, it is better to buy a container with a perfectly flat bottom. In it, the liquid boils 1.5 times faster than in a dish with a deformed bottom.
Convex surfaces have a smaller area of contact with the heat source. Therefore, vermicelli soups are cooked longer for 7-10 minutes. If you need to make strawberry compote, experts recommend enameled dishes with a volume of 5 liters or more. Here the highest quality vitreous coating protects products from salts of heavy metals. This is especially important for babies, with gastritis and kidney failure. Deep pans are a good option for a picnic. It is difficult to place them in the refrigerator, so Ukrainian women often prefer compact 2-liter ceramic containers.
Puree-like soups, borscht and pickles are especially tasty in the small stainless steel models. The wall thickness depends on the surface material. So, the optimal indicator for cast iron products is 4.5 mm. In the case of stainless steel, we focus on 0.5-0.7 mm.
Types by material of manufacture
Aluminum cookware speeds up the cooking process at times. It is convenient to cook cereals, berry jelly and cream for cakes in it. A sign of quality is the maximum thickness of the bottom and walls. In the first case, the ideal parameter is 3 mm, in the second – at least 1.5 mm. Compliance with GOST can be determined visually, by touch, and better with a caliper. In Ukraine, aluminum pans for 6 liters cost from 350 UAH. 8-liter models – from 400 to 450 UAH, but 50-liter containers produced in the USSR, one might say, are a rarity, for less than 9You can’t buy 00 UAH.
Steel containers are well suited for preparing brines, fruits and vegetables. They differ in size, features of fastening handles and equipment. But there is something in common that unites each of them:
- Good inertia. The material does not react with food, so no protective coating is needed
- Instant surface heating. As a result, the hardest meats reach readiness in 40 minutes, and pasta in less than 5 minutes
- Improved resistance to oxidation, alkaline environment and any mechanical stress
- Plasticity of raw materials. Only thanks to this indicator, manufacturers fill the market with containers of the most unusual shapes, with original trim elements
- Almost unlimited shelf life
|Pilaf lovers should buy cast iron pots. The material is not afraid of acids, so the meat can be stewed in tomato or, for example, lemon juice. It is convenient to store dairy products in ceramic containers, especially cheese, sour cream and milk. There they retain useful properties longer, and most importantly, freshness. Coated enamel pots are a good option for boiling water. They are not suitable for the preparation of pickles and borscht, because from frequent stirring of the ingredients they quickly grow into cracks. Through them, toxins enter the food, causing severe intoxication and even heart failure.
Glass containers can be used in ovens and microwave ovens. They withstand temperature extremes well, but in terms of strength they are significantly inferior to cast iron. So that noodles, horns or, say, pasta do not stick together, hostesses buy silicone inserts. They differ in the size of the holes, the height and diameter of the walls. Their minimum cost in the online store is 280 UAH.
Aluminum pans advantages and disadvantages
These models are often found in catering establishments, school canteens and private camps. Their main advantage is the minimum density: no more than 2.8 g per 1 cm³ of surface, thanks to which it is convenient to carry dishes in hiking bags and backpacks. Aluminum containers heat up faster than cast iron ones. They are not afraid of direct fire, so you can cook not only on a gas stove, but also on a barbecue. In online stores, such models are often ordered in sets of 5-12 items. Depending on the number of containers, the type of handles and lids, they cost from 950 to 2500 UAH
The only drawback is that food cannot be stored. After cooking, borscht or soup should be immediately poured into an enamel bowl. Otherwise, aluminum salts will get into the products. Over time, this leads to damage to the nervous system. Changes also occur in the musculoskeletal system, but most importantly, the work of the kidneys and liver is disrupted. Aluminum pans with a high-quality non-stick coating do not pose a health hazard. True, only if the hostesses do not stir the ingredients with metal spoons, but use foam rubber sponges instead of hard scrapers. Otherwise, the oxide film is erased, and dangerous substances open the way to the body.
Stainless steel pots pluses and minuses
Some types of double-walled pots are used for making jams quickly. In them, the products do not burn, and any ingredients are suitable for long-term storage. Branded stainless steel containers differ not only in size, but also in shape. So, models with a narrowed “waist” are a good option for milk soups. It happens that the diameter of the bottom is much smaller than the upper part of the structure. So in an ordinary 2-liter saucepan, the liquid boils in 5-7 minutes, and the energy savings per month often exceed 29%.
The tall pot is perfect for cooking pasta. For nutritious cereals, it is better to buy a milk cooker, where the liquid remains inside even after a couple of minutes of boiling. Of the many varieties of steel containers, Ukrainians prefer:
- Juice cookers with several modules in the composition. In them, the drink is steamed, so that the jars with the finished product do not have to be sterilized
- Tajines with voluminous cone-shaped lids. In terms of a set of options, they can compete with even the deepest frying pans. Meat dishes are especially tasty in such dishes, and its main advantage is the constant circulation of steam
- Ladles for the fastest cooking of vegetables and eggs, preferably for one person
Other types of pots for the intended purpose, exclusively from stainless steel, include pressure cookers and double boilers. The latter best preserve the beneficial properties of food. There, fats are collected at the bottom of the structure, so that even the most satisfying pilaf does not threaten the figure. Often, food is heated in double boilers, and sometimes fish is defrosted.
Cast iron pans how not to make the wrong choice
There is no better option for stewing meat. Cast iron cookware can be used not only in a gas oven, but also in a Russian oven. The main thing is that the material of the handles can withstand high temperatures. The darker the surface, the more reliable the metal is considered. Good cast iron pans weigh a lot. So, the optimal indicator for 3-liter containers is 4.5-5 kg. The walls and bottom must be porous. Otherwise, the ingredients will not be able to languish and will burn out after 10-15 minutes.
The material itself has non-stick properties. True, they appear only after the pores of the metal are filled with oil. Shrimps, vegetable stew, risotto with vegetables and gravy are especially tasty in cast-iron pans. Such dishes are not suitable for storing food. You can’t ferment cabbage in it, pickle mushrooms or, for example, mackerel. Taboo should be imposed on pickles.
The sides of the pot must be tight. If there is no such option, buy a regular cauldron or an enameled container. It is better to stir the products with silicone spatulas. And in order for the dishes to last as long as possible, after cooking it is recommended to thoroughly wash, dry and treat with vegetable oil. To care for enamelled surfaces, chefs recommend sponges made from the most delicate microfiber.
Who can use glass pans
Heat-resistant material withstands up to 350 degrees of heat. For the first time, such containers appeared on sale a few years after the invention of the microwave oven. They are convenient to mix ingredients for salads, marinate meat, prepare mayonnaise and beat eggs into a thick foam. The cheapest, up to 150 UAH, 1.5-liter thermoglass models cost Ukrainians. They are not used in microwave ovens. Compatibility with induction is also zero here. But the main drawback is the fragile walls. Such pans do not withstand impacts, and are covered with scratches even with minor mechanical stress.
In terms of durability, brown glass models are no different from transparent containers. Tempered glass is used only in the production of carafes, glasses and glasses. Unlike pans, this type of cookware is not heat-treated, but they can also be used in microwave ovens. According to experts, hardening increases the strength of any product by 5.5 times! Here are just the indicators of heat resistance remain the same.
The main disadvantage of glassware is its heavy weight. It does not withstand sudden changes in temperature, and it takes longer to cook in it. Of the advantages it is important to note:
- Transparent surfaces. They make it easier to control the intensity of the boil. The cook can clearly see what color the vegetables have become, so their consistency can be improved at any time
- 100% corrosion resistance. What, alas, cannot be said about cast iron and steel containers
- Smooth bottom and sides. There are no pores, so the food does not burn, and washing dishes does not take even a minute
- Ability to store food in freezers
- Absolute inertia. In such containers, dishes are not satiated with foreign odors, so fish is often salted in them, sour sauces and marinades are prepared
The main varieties of glass saucepans are compact saucepans with lids, broilers and roasters. In the latter, the nutrient liquid does not evaporate, and ready meals can easily compete with restaurant masterpieces.
Ceramic pots types of material and all the most important about care
Earthenware contains a lot of useful substances. She satiates with them products, so the food is not only tasty, but also healthy. Together with food, microelements that have an absorbing effect enter the body. In this indicator, they are almost 5 times superior to activated carbon. On the market, ceramic pots differ in shape, size, design and cost. The cheapest, from 350 to 500 hryvnia, Ukrainians manage models without a pattern, covered with glaze. They hold no more than 1.6 liters of liquid, but are ideal for ovens.
|Pans with non-stick ceramic coating cost 1.5-1.8 thousand UAH. They have good induction compatibility, better inertness and alkali resistance. Such containers are not afraid of shock. Therefore, plastic ladles can be replaced with metal ones. Ceramics can easily withstand heat and cold. This is especially important for tourists who prefer to cook over an open fire. The oil in such a pan heats up evenly, and its optimum temperature is maintained until the end of cooking. So, different ingredients always remain juicy, and up to 65% of the nutrients in them are preserved even after thorough frying.
The lower structure includes 4 to 6 metal layers. Each of them performs a specific function. The first one conducts heat. The second – evenly distributes it over the entire hob, and the third, for example, does not allow the pan to cool. Ceramic containers do not require special care, but they should be washed out immediately. Then you do not have to use caustic cleaning products. The smooth surface does not accumulate fat, so it is better to replace hard scrapers with microfiber sponges. So that the dishes are not satiated with persistent odors, after washing, it is recommended to store them in an open form.
Is it worth buying an enamel pot
Enamelled steel pots are considered the most beautiful and relatively inexpensive. They withstand mechanical stress well and do not deteriorate under the influence of salts. A dense layer of enamel blocks the access of toxins to food. If scratches are noticeable on the dishes, and in places there are potholes, it is better to buy another model. Low-quality metal “contacts” with products. So lead cadmium is in the body. Isolated cases of danger do not hide. But if you cook in such dishes daily, kidney damage with the development of severe failure is possible in the future.
In Ukraine, as in principle throughout the world, enameled containers are produced in two ways. The first is dipping into metal. The second is spraying, which becomes unusable after a few years. Gaps are visible on the walls of defective dishes. You can check the quality of the product yourself. To do this, you need an ear stick, ammonia and acetic acid. First, we dip the hygienic stick in alcohol and process any “piece” of the pan with it. Then we wipe the same area with acid and wait 2 minutes. If it retains its original luster, the enamel is of good quality. A matte surface, on the contrary, indicates the presence of a flimsy metal.
Enamel in black, white, cream, light blue and blue is allowed inside. Red, yellow and brown – only outside. Such materials contain cadmium salts, copper and manganese. In the body, they lead to intestinal dysfunctions and even accelerate the aging process.
About non-stick coating
The most common manufacturer uses Teflon. It significantly increases the resistance of dishes to mechanical stress. However, in terms of strength, it is noticeably inferior to the titanium-ceramic coating. Such pans are not cheap, but they are not afraid of alkalis and acids. It is important to add to their other advantages the uniform heating of the surfaces, the ability to cook without fats and, of course, easy maintenance.
Manufacturers sometimes indicate titanium in the type of non-stick coating. So they are trying to “tame” customers, but in fact, titanium is the same Teflon. It has nothing to do with ordinary metal, that is, with one of the elements of the periodic table with atomic number 22.
Ceramic coating is considered the safest for health. Such surfaces heat up within 30 seconds. Products on them do not burn, and the amount of fat can be minimized. Unlike PTFE, ceramics are more resistant to impacts, scratches and other everyday impacts. But with a sharp use of cold or hot ingredients, it can crack. Cookware with a ceramic coating attracts with a embossed bottom. Patterns, squares and flowers on the walls of the container improve appetite. True, it is in the gaps between the ornaments that food particles are clogged, which are not subsequently removed.
Granite flooring heats up faster and cools down slower. Mineral particles predominate in marble. They increase the strength of dishes by at least 3.5 times, and in other respects they are no different from Teflon. If the main selection criterion is the best thermal conductivity of raw materials, it is better to buy a pan with a non-stick coating based on titanium oxide.
What you need to know about pot lids
The right accessory creates an enclosed space inside the pot. So instead of 4 hours, the hostesses cook borsch for 1.5 hours. The aromatic liquid does not evaporate, and the hob remains clean until the end of cooking. For small containers with a volume of 1.6 to 3 liters, you need lids with a diameter of 18-22 cm. If the container is designed for 15-20 liters of liquid, the hostess will need an accessory with twice the performance.
The shape of the lid depends on the shape of the bowl itself. Some of them are designed only for storing food at temperatures from 0 to 25 degrees. For cooking on an open fire, it is better to look at heat-resistant glass options. They make it easier to control the cooking from the outside. Among their other advantages, experts rank increased resistance to scratches and abrasives. Accessories made of silicone can easily withstand 350 ° C, but after a few months of regular use they lose their presentation. The minimum shelf life of cast iron lids is 40 years.
They do not shatter and withstand any damage well. The only negative is the susceptibility to corrosion. The most sought-after stainless steel lids of 2018 impress with their variety of shapes, sizes and stylish inserts. They are inexpensive, but, alas, they do not retain heat well.
How to choose a saucepan briefly about the main things
First of all, you need to pay attention to the bottom of the product. It should be even. In another case, the liquid will heat up more slowly, and the electricity consumption per month will increase by 25%. The next point is the tightness of the lid. Of course, minimum gaps are acceptable, but if the accessory flies off at an angle of 45 degrees, it is better to buy another pan. Any scratches and chips mean a complete non-compliance of the product with GOST. As for the handles, they can be welded or “planted” on bolts. The first ones do not withstand intense loads, so it is more logical to choose the second option.
Wooden “fittings” are considered of high quality only if they are free of knots and rot. The surface is varnished, and in contact with the skin there are only pleasant tactile sensations. The best impact resistance is demonstrated by metal handles, but they heat up quickly. Plastic ones do not withstand high temperatures, so such a pan is not suitable for the oven.
Interestingly, in pans with a black enamel bottom, the liquid heats up 1.5 minutes faster than in snow-white models. Metal edges are needed so that the milk does not run away. However, a recent experiment showed that this is another trick of the manufacturers. In such containers, milk not only “runs away”, but also burns. Non-stick pans last longer. Aluminum models are a good option for boiling water. If you need to keep food fresh without refrigeration, buy a good ceramic pot.
More choice less cost in the Cylinder
All types of pots, from the most basic to the branded with the highest quality protective coating, await buyers in the Cylinder. Ukrainians have at their disposal shock-resistant models made of stainless steel, aluminum, glass, ceramics and cast iron.